Spaghetti Pasta Products
Ok Spaghetti pasta has 1.25 Radius of cylindrical shape. It has been able to replace imported products with domestic products. It has eliminated demand-based prices and after Ok Spaghetti pasta penetrates the food market, all competitors forced to apply competition-based pricing.
The production capacity of Fava 2020 is much higher than the capacity machines increased from 350/24 hr to 720 quintals / 24 hours, Reduces production time from 7 ፡ 30 to 4 ፡ 30, Electricity consumption is relatively very low) Chilalo food complex has FAVA 2020 model spaghetti Machinery that was planted in east Africa for the first time.
As a World Instant Noodles Association report indicates, 290,000,000 noodles a day is eaten worldwide, which means 106.4 billion noodles a year. Noodle is a product of less than one supplier in our country and it is a product that cannot be supplied to the consumer at a fair price due to the mismatch between demand and supply. When Chilalo food complex launches this products with production capacity: 528 quintals / 24 hours, it will dramatically change the demand, price, and supply of noodles.
Chilalo Food Complex-fulfilling National and Social Responsibility
- It has created jobs for more than 2,000 citizens.
- Becoming a senior taxpayer for 6 consecutive years from head of tax to second taxpayer (2012-30, 2013-77 million, 2014 – 192 million in 9 months)
- We have provided support more than 30 million ETB in 2 years, the main ones are:
- Donated 5,000,000.00 for the launch of national projects (ገበታ ለሃገር)
- Donated 5,000,000.00 Birr to support development projects under the Addis Ababa City Administration
- Donated 2,000,000.00 Birr to support development projects under the Oromia Regional State
- Donated 1,000,000.00 Birr to support development projects under Duke City Administration
- Has donated 700,000.00 Birr to support infrastructure under the Asela City Administration
- Handed over the company’s biscuit product with total cost of 1.8 million ETB to the Afar Regional State through its delegation to support the victims of the war in Afar State.
- Provided 2,500,000.00 Birr in support of the Addis Ababa City Administration to the war-torn communities and the National Defense Forces.
- Donates 1,000,000.00 Birr to Oromia Regional State in an effort to reduce the distribution of Covid-19 Donated 200,000 birr to the Arsi Zone Administration
- Donates 1,000,000.00 Birr to Asela town and its environs community
- Chilalo food complex donated food, clothing, and other items worth $ 1,000,000 to displaced persons from the Somali region to Bale Zone
- It also provided 1.5 million birr worth of food aid to IDPs in Hamaresa.
- Built Koji Yedola School and donated Educational Materials for the primary School
To be the best Company in producing international quality fresh flour, Biscuits, Macaroni, Pasta, Noodles and other food staff industry by delivering winning product through winning team in a safe& sustainable environment and ensuring our presence in every Ethiopia and aboard
Providing the best Quality products and creating joyful moments. Being best partner through innovations and extraordinary business growth, it has better returns by executing excellence and best in class company governance
Continuously focus on producing high-quality and variety of products, Involve in a continuous expansion of our plant so that we could create more jobs to the community,
Be a quality leader in the industry and win the hearts of existing and new customers,
Contribute to the economy of the country and help realize the national vision of being a middle- income country.
Business goals and objectives
- Taking and utilizing 90% of row materials from the local markets
- By using world class technologies, can able to produces several products with a sound qualities more than it has now
- Improving supply chain managements system and working with all responsible bodies of food products.
- Crating job opportunity
- Customer satisfaction
- Exporting products and minimizing imports
Food Safety and Quality Policy
At Chilalo Food Complex, we believe that success depends on production and supply of safe and high-quality products, packages and services that meet and exceed customer and consumer expectations of our brand products. We are committed to continually enhancing the reputation of the brands we produce and distribute, maintaining consumer confidence in our portfolio through the development and implementation of quality and food safety management systems, quality product standards and practices. All Chilalo Food Complex operations are committed to continual improvement with active participation of all employees, which shall be measured, evaluated and validated for effectiveness through internal and external audits.
The following quality and food safety principles are the foundation of Chilalo Food complex’s Commitment to quality and food safety:-
- in consonance with the relevant legislations and regulations of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and other relevant market requirements, is committed to producing and marketing consistently safe and high quality brands of different types of biscuits, wafers, pasta, macaroni, noodles and other related flour based products for customers/consumers;
- only uses raw materials and ingredients that are safe and conform with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and to mutually agreed food safety requirements of customers;
- shall implement and continually improve quality management and food safety management systems that fulfill the requirements of international standards (ISO 9001 and ISO 22000) in all operations, there by consistently meet customers/ consumers/stakeholders expectations, increase their confidence and improve the competitive position;
- Shall involve all employees and relevant stakeholders in implementation and maintenance of the systems and increase their level of commitment to quality and products safety.
- Shall ensure that the context of the organization, needs and expectation of interested parties, and related risks and mitigation measures are periodically determined, evaluated and implemented; shall provide adequate resources and ensure their effective and efficient utilization; apply effective communication, and continually develop its human resource and good working environment.
The top management shall ensure this policy is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization and regularly review and update as required and communicated to its interested parties.
Biscuit Production Lines
The company has four biscuit production lines with different capacity. Now days, Chilalo Food Complex is distributing its products in the national level throughout the country using its own vans. Currently, we are producing energizer biscuit for Ethiopian national defense force. So, we are providing our own support in national level. Currently, there are more than 700 permanent employees in all the biscuit production lines.
|Line of Production||Capacity in Quintals||Number of Employee|
|Line Five (Wafers)||240|
Wheat Flour and Semolina Production Lines
The company has two wheat flour milling machines with a daily production capacity of 120 ton and 110 ton a total of 230 ton. The wheat flour produced in this section used only for factory consumptions, not for market purpose due to huge consumptions of the lines in the factory. In this two wheat flour milling machines there are 60 permanent employees and 25 seasonal employees.
Semolina production technology is not started in Ethiopia yet, but currently Chilalo food complex is on progress to start production, which has various advantages for the country- to substitute both imported spaghetti pasta and semolina flour by local products. The line has a total of 200T daily production capacity.
Macaroni Production Line
Ok Macaroni is one of the products produced by Chilalo Food Complex. The Macaroni production machine has a capacity of 2000Kg/hr. The products are produced with different types, such as spiral, big elbow, small elbow and medium elbow. There are 25 permanent and 15 seasonal employees in the macaroni production line.
Pasta Production Line
Chilalo Food Complex imported one of the huge long-cut pasta production lines in the country in 2020 from a very famous Italian company called FAVA S.P.A. The machine is new in its brand and as informed from the supplier it’s the first in terms of technology and capacity in East Africa.
The total daily production capacity of the pasta production line is 3000Kg/hr. As the information gathered from the market and the sales report indicates it’s highly accepted with a very remarkable market demand. The line has 72 permanent and 30 seasonal employees.
Wafers Production Line
The fully automatic baking ovens of the GPF series are used for the industrial production of flat and hollow wafers and are specially designed to meet rough operating conditions. Modular cantilevered machine frame made of Cast iron elements. Wearied by stainless steel tightly closing, side-hung doors providing maximum heat insulation with special non-combustible materials inside. The high baking capacity by means of baking tong chain consisting of 90 baking tongs with a production capacity of between 38-40 wafer sheets per minute.
OK wafers are one of the newly introduced biscuit products of Chilalo Food Complex. The wafers presented to the market with 30 pieces and 60 pieces package. The line has 35 permanent and 15 seasonal employees.
Noodles Production Line
Fried noodles production line is one of the components of Chilalo Food Complex Expansion project. The machine was already imported and waiting the installation process. The noodle will be served with two flavors; namely vegetable with 70gm and 120 gm plastic bags and chicken with 70gm and 120gm plastic bag. This production line will have 60 permanent and 15 seasonal employees.
Grain Storage Silo
Grain storage silo has much importance for a food processing company. One advantage is lower assembling costs since this element is designed specifically for this purpose and weighs less than a storage facility, another advantage lies in how easy it is to keep the optimum storage conditions for the grain, by controlling the temperature, insects, mold, birds, which in long term storage facilities could result in an important economic loss and the third advantage consists of lower costs than that incurred from using warehouses, which entails the automation of the grain transport equipment. The loading as well as the unloading can be completely automated using a SCADA system and at a lower cost.
Chilalo Food Complex imported and installed three grain storage silos from a much known Turkey company called `My Silo`. Each silo has a capacity of 30,000 Quintals and the total capacity is 90,000 Quintals of grain.